New Extender Setup Guide to insall Netgear EX6110 via Manual method How to Connect Netgear…
Netgear EX6120 setup
Your existing wireless network’s range can be enhanced by the Netgear EX6120 setup. There are WiFi rates of up to 1200 Mbps available. The Netgear AC1200 EX6120 has a sleek design that will blend in with your existing decor.
Any conventional WiFi router will operate with the extender. Thanks to the external antenna, WiFi coverage and speed are improved throughout the house.
Learn the step by step procedure to perform Netgear EX6120 setup :
- Plug the EX6120 AC750 into the power outlet and wait for the solid green light to lit up.
- Once you have the solid green power light, use a laptop or a desktop.
- Now connect your device to the default network “Netgear Ext.”
- Now, launch any web browser on your laptop or smartphone and enter www.mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- You are now on the mywifiext.net Netgear EX6120 installation page.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to connect your repeater with your main router or modem.
How to Setup Netgear EX6120 AC1200 with WPS Method?
- Attach your Netgear EX6120 wifi range extender to a power source.
- Let the power LED turn solid green.
- Find the WPS Button on EX6120 WiFi range extender.
- Simply hit the WPS button just for 3-4 seconds. The WPS LED will start blinking.
- After that, press the same button on your main WiFi router.
- Now, wait for the light on your AC1200 and your main router to stop blinking.
If you see Power, WPS, Device led light lit up solid green on the Netgear AC1200 repeater. It indicates that you successfully configured your Netgear EX6120 using the push button method.
Note: If you still have the power light on the extender . Please redo the steps or use the manual method to install your wireless booster.
How to connect Netgear EX6120 as an access point :-
To connect the Netgear ex6120 as an access point please follow the following steps:-
- First of all connect your extender ex6120 to a power outlet.
- wait till the power LED on the repeater becomes solid green.
- Now connect the interface cable i.e. ethernet cable to the ethernet port of the Netgear ex6120 and the other end to the ethernet port of the router.
- Open any web browser of your choice and type www.mywifiext.net into the address bar.
- Now it asks how would you like to install your extender As Range Extender or as an Access point.
- You have to select an Access Point.
- So now complete the Netgear EX6120 Setup as an Access Point and click on NEXT.
Netgear EX6120 firmware update
- To begin, power on your Netgear EX6120 AC1200 WiFi booster.
- Join a wireless network with a PC, laptop, or mobile device.
- After that, launch your preferred web browser.
- Enter your mywifiext.net login details to access your extender.
- Navigate to the Settings menu and select the Firmware Update option.
- Finally, click the Confirm button.
- If a new version is available, select Yes for the Netgear EX6120 firmware update.
- Wait a few seconds for the Netgear extender firmware to update
For more information:
Common issues | Netgear Ac1200 Ex6120
- Unable to access the Netgear extender.
- Wrong wi-fi extender password.
- The WiFi booster is connected, but no internet is available.
- Issues connecting to the IP address 192.168.1.250.
- The Netgear genie smart setup screen remains visible until installation is finished.
- The wifi extender is not working.
This Post Has 0 Comments