New Extender setup The best way to improve the range and speed of your current…
The Netgear wifi range extenders extend the range of your wireless network and existing internet range from your existing WiFi router.
If you’re having trouble with your Netgear wifi range extender or it’s not operating properly, you can reset it to factory default settings. So, how do we reset Netgear wifi extenders with a single wink?
It’s not difficult to restore the Netgear wifi extender to its original factory settings. Within a few seconds, you can easily reset the Netgear extender setup process. Let’s take a look at how to reset a Netgear extender.
There are two different methods to reset Netgear extenders:
- Hard reset.
- Soft reset(Web browser reset).
Web browser reset
Let’s go with the web browser reset (soft reset) process:
- Switch on your computer or laptop.
- To view the Netgear wifi extender setup page on your desktop/laptop, open any of your favorite latest updated web browsers.
- To do so, use an ethernet wire to connect your desktop/laptop to the Netgear wifi range extender.
- In your web browser’s URL/address box, type mywifiext.net and press the enter key.
- On the screen, type the default login credentials for the Netgear extender.
- To reset your Netgear extender, go to the ‘Administration field’.
- The factory default reset button should be tapped.
How to reset Netgear extender via hard reset method
- Turn off all linked devices.
- Check that your Netgear range extender’s connections are all disconnected.
- Allow your Netgear range extender to correctly boot up by connecting a power cable.
- Allow all of the LEDs to stabilize.
- A pin or paperclip with a pin-pointed tip is required for hard reset.
- A reset hole may be found on the Netgear extender. In the reset hole, insert a pin or paperclip and keep it there for a few seconds.
- Release the pin and draw it out of the hole once all of the LEDs begin to blink again.
- You may now reconfigure the router for Netgear extender setup.
So, these are the two most effective ways to quickly reset your Netgear wifi range extender. We sincerely hope that our efforts assist you in resolving your Netgear extender reset problems. If the problem persists, it’s a good idea to contact one of our professionals.