Netgear orbi setup If your modem is not providing you with the desired internet experience,…
You can attach your Wi-Fi Extender to your router using the web-based setup method if your router does not have a WPS button. To know how to connect a wifi extender to a router without WPS, follow the simple steps provided on this page and proceed.
- Verify that it’s wired to an electricity supply and a secure internet connection.
- If you elect to proceed, please disconnect your device from the internet, and then send further guidance.
- Arrange the Wi-Fi extender and modem next to each other
- Now, toggle on your wireless network extender.
- It takes no longer than 20 minutes for the Wi-Fi extender to boot up.
- After initializing, the Power light should be steady orange, and the Too close & Too far lights will start blinking in red.
- Now, connect your device wirelessly to the Wi-Fi extender using the Internet Receiver or Internet Router tool.
To connect a wifi extender to a router without WPS wirelessly
- Tap the Wi-Fi button in the task area and follow the directions on how to connect a wireless router to a wireless extender.
- A list of accessing networks will be shown on the computer.
- Choose your Wi-Fi entry point.
- To link to the extender, please have the Wi-Fi extender’s name.
- The password for your Wi-Fi extender can be found on the rear of its manual.
- After connecting to the same network, launch the Wi-Fi extender’s web-based set-up.
To link via wired network (Ethernet cable)
Connecting the Wi-Fi extender to the device without WPS is very simple. Thanks to the simplicity of using an Ethernet cable.
- Using a trustworthy hardware store to get the Ethernet cable. Follow the steps to connect the WiFi extender to a router without using WPS.
- Attach the Ethernet cable to the closest back-end unit and connect the other end to the Wi-Fi extender.
- Now you device is wired to the Wi-Fi extender.
To use the extender with your router, follow these instructions:
- Go to the search bar to locate the web browser’s IP address, then use it to find your Wi-Fi extender.
- Next, a dialog box should appear requesting the connection password to your wireless extender.
- Please enter your email address and username in the provided fields and press the login button.
- A wizard will now open, and the Start button will be available.
- Link to the WiFi hotspot shown on the computer.
- Thereafter, press the “Finish” button.
When a Wi-Fi extender setup without WPS is successfully achieved, a browser connection will be disabled, and a lack of connection will occur with the extender.
If you’ve completed the steps on how to attach the Wi-Fi extender to the router without WPS, the indicator light on your Wi-Fi Extender should stop blinking. You will get help from our technical expertise for setting up the extender.